You’re probably here because someone told you, “You should start a blog!” so you did… And now you don’t know what to do next.
Here is a long list of blogging tips that every blogger should have on their to-do and idea lists.
- Start by writing something EVERY day. Don’t worry so much about what, she just writes. The more you write, the better you will be. The better you do, the more interesting your content will become.
- Write about what you already know. Do not try to reinvent yourself on your blog. Write what you know, what you are already interested in and those people who are already your friends.
- Don’t try to impress anyone with your first blog post. Just write it down. Start. If you never start, you’ll never get anywhere, so start. Write the first message.
- Share it. I know it’s probably not the most impressive thing on the internet, nobody cares. Share it. Tell your friends. Tell your family and convince them to at least go read it. Please leave a message and comment on your message.
- If someone asked you a question in the replies, WRITE another blog post to answer their question. Please expand the answer a bit and link to another website, so they can find more information by clicking the link.
- Always invite people to comment on what you write on your blog. You want feedback. You need interaction. Ask for it.
- Visit other people’s blogs similar to yours and invite them to visit you. Do not put links in the comment, put the link in the space provided. Make sure your link is correct (copy and paste if necessary).
- Don’t accept ALL comments on your blog. If they don’t relate to what you wrote, or if they’re selling something you don’t support, delete them.
- As you add more blog posts, focus on finding the common theme of your blog. What do you write about the most? That is your passion. Keep writing.
- Any blog posts you’ve started but don’t finish… Finish or delete them once a month. Otherwise they just take up space in the background.
- Keep visiting other people’s blogs and sending them back to your blog.
- Keep sharing your blog with others on social networks, with friends. Share it everywhere.
- Promote other blogs that you find interesting. Invite other bloggers to share your content on their blog. Guest posting and interactive sharing attract more readers.
- Find products and books to review that are relevant to your topic. Write about them, review them and link to them.
- Remind your readers: “Visit my links and read my blog posts.” Whenever you are writing in forums or other spaces.
Are you ready to start blogging?